|Program||Funding Availability as of June 25, 2019||Anticipated Next Round of Funding|
|City of San Diego Down Payment & Closing Cost Assistance||No funds available||Fall 2019|
|City of San Diego Mortgage Credit Certificate||Funds available||Currently available|
|County Of San Diego Down Payment & Closing Cost Assistance||No funds available||Fall 2019|
Submitting First Time Homebuyer Assistance Applications
Effective June 2019, all applications for First Time Homebuyer Assistance are to be submitted via the FTHB Lender Portal.
If you are a current participating loan officer and need your log-in credentials, please email email@example.com.
- Complete the applicable application package:
FTHB Program Application (Use for City of San Diego & County of San Diego Program)
Mortgage Credit Certificate Application (City of San Diego only)
- Log-in to the FTHB Lender Portal
First-Time Homebuyer Lender Portal
- Follow the instructions in the Lender Portal Submission Guide
Prior to submitting loan packages for underwriting, lenders should check this website for updates on loan documents, available funds or program changes.
To become a participating lender for the San Diego Housing Commission (SDHC) or County of San Diego First-Time Homebuyer Programs (FTHB) you are required to:
- Attend an SDHC lender training seminar (email firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the interest list)
- Submit a Lender Participation Agreement along with a copy of your California Department of Corporations License Certificate or Department of Real Estate License Certificate.
- Pay a $400 annual fee.
The completed Lender Participation Agreement and annual fee payment may be mailed to:
San Diego Housing Commission
Attn. First-Time Homebuyer Program
1122 Broadway, Suite 300
San Diego, CA 92101