|Program||Funding Availability as of June 1, 2020|
|City of San Diego Down Payment & Closing Cost Assistance||Funds available|
|City of San Diego Closing Cost Forgivable Loan||Funds available|
|City of San Diego Mortgage Credit Certificate||None available. No funding is anticipated in 2020.|
|County Of San Diego Down Payment & Closing Cost Assistance||Funds available|
Submitting First Time Homebuyer Assistance Applications
Effective June 2019, all applications for First Time Homebuyer Assistance are to be submitted via the FTHB Lender Portal.
If you are a current participating loan officer and need your log-in credentials, please email [email protected].
- Complete the applicable application package:
FTHB Program Application (Use for City of San Diego & County of San Diego Program)
- Log-in to the FTHB Lender Portal
First-Time Homebuyer Lender Portal
- Follow the instructions in the Lender Portal Submission Guide
Prior to submitting loan packages for underwriting, lenders should check this website for updates on loan documents, available funds or program changes.
To become a participating lender for the San Diego Housing Commission (SDHC) or County of San Diego First-Time Homebuyer Programs (FTHB) you are required to:
- Attend an SDHC lender training seminar (email [email protected] to be placed on the interest list)
- Submit a Lender Participation Agreement along with a copy of your California Department of Corporations License Certificate or Department of Real Estate License Certificate.
- Pay a $400 annual fee.
The completed Lender Participation Agreement and annual fee payment may be mailed to:
San Diego Housing Commission
Attn. First-Time Homebuyer Program
1122 Broadway, Suite 300
San Diego, CA 92101