A variety of opportunities exist for businesses, landlords, developers and lenders to work with the San Diego Housing Commission (SDHC) for operations, affordable housing development, rental homes, goods and/or services that are essential to carrying out SDHC’s award-winning programs.
SDHC uses a competitive bid process to procure a variety of goods, services, supplies and equipment, as well as competitive Notices of Funding Availability to award development funds.
Contacting SDHC officials about pending contracts or requests for proposals may trigger reporting requirements under the City of San Diego’s Lobbying Ordinance.
As an equal opportunity contractor and employer, SDHC follows all applicable City, State and Federal laws. This includes Section 3 of the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Act of 1968. SDHC complies with Section 3 within its own operations and ensures the compliance of its sub-recipients, developers, contractors, and subcontractors.
SDHC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, disability, medical condition, place of birth, age, sexual orientation, gender, marital status or national origin.
SDHC is committed to working with Diverse Businesses, which are certified as Emerging/Small Local Business Enterprises (ELBE/SLBE), Small Businesses (SB), Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE), Disabled Veteran Business Enterprises (DVBE), Woman Business Enterprises (WBE), Minority Business Enterprises (MBE), or Labor Surplus Area Businesses. The following agencies certify businesses in one or more of these categories of Diverse Businesses:
- ELBE/SLBE – City of San Diego Small Local Business Enterprise (SLBE) Program
- SB and DVBE – State of California Department of General Services, Office of Small Business & Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise Services (OSDS)
- DBE – State of California Department of Transportation Office of Business & Economic Opportunity (OBEO) or California Unified Certification Program
- MBE, WBE, DVBE, and LGBTBE – California Public Utilities Commission Supplier Clearinghouse
- MBE, WBE, DBE, and SLBE – City of Los Angeles
- MBE – Pacific Southwest Minority Supplier Development Council
If you are a certified Diverse Business and would like to do business with SDHC, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in the agency’s database.